17 March 2009

Introducing my new friend: Henri

"By having the courage to be herself,
she put something wonderful in the world
that was not there before."
~Unknown


Go away for a few days for a mini-vacation and you never know what blessings will be waiting for you.

One of my new responsibilities is to post about my creative process at Watch Me Create. So before I left on vacation, I completed a post about my creative process with a necklace I recently completed called "Koi Pond". I created this necklace for both the Jangles blog contest and the Art Bead Scene March challenge.


So upon returning home I check my various emails and Facebook and comments sections. And I received the nicest compliment from Jennifer Heynen at Jangles and the notice that I was chosen as the Designer of the Week at Art Bead Scene blog. Wow! That is too cool! I have followed that blog for a long time now and marveled at the wonderful art these ladies create. I am so blessed to have been chosen. They have no idea how thrilled I am! If you would like to read more about this and to see more of the entries for the March Matisse contest, click here.

On the Watch Me Create blog I detailed the process that lead me to create the "Koi Pond" necklace. You can read the full details here.

"Koi Pond" has lead me to make a change to what my gallery exhibit will be for the April ArtsWalk in downtown Stevens Point. I plan to make friends with great Masters and base my jewelry designs from their works of art. I believe that art should be accessible to all. By making wearable works of art, I am hoping that lovers of art will want to wear their Matisse...and Monet...and Klimt... When I have made more friends with these Masters and translated their designs from the canvas to my bead board, I will introduce you.

Who is your favorite Master artist?
What is your favorite painting?

Do tell! Perhaps you will inspire me to create a wearable work of art in that style.

P.S. Blessed Buck update...I was in Milwaukee this weekend. I placed one peeking out of the lamp on the nightstand of the hotel we stayed at. And before we left I put one inside a box of Hello Kitty bandages and one tucked just under the plastic wrap around a box of tissues. What fun surprises they will make. Keep up the great blessings everyone!

"I wouldn't mind turning into a vermilion goldfish."
~ Henri Matisse


Check It Out:: http://jenniferjangles.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Jenners said...

So cool! And I wanted to let you know that you were my featured reader today at this post:

http://mrsfligs.blogspot.com/2009/03/in-which-our-heroine-pulls-off-surprise.html

Unknown said...

I have followed Art Bead Scence for a long time too and was absolutely seduced when I saw your wonderful piece of art! Well deserved honor you got:)

Here are some inspiring painters:
Picasso (Blue period)
VanGogh (sunflowers)
Gauguin (Tahiti period)
Munch (The Scream)
Manet, Monet, Renoir...
Jan Van Huysum (http://images.google.ca/images?ndsp=18&hl=fr&rlz=1T4ADBF_frCA268CA268&um=1&q=jan+van+huysum&start=0&sa=N)

Have a wonderful day:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin